Monday, October 3, 2011

Battle of the Food Trucks


Hello! I wanted to tell everyone about a super fun event we attended yesterday, The Battle of the Food Trucks!! Karen, Katherine and Chandler also came along with me and Nick. Since I moved to Nashville, I have been wanting to try all the different food trucks here and this event was the perfect time. We bought tickets for $25 (all proceeds went to a local charity, The Tomorrow Fund) and got to taste yummy treats from each truck. We had so much food!!! Some of the tasty treats were Thai Quesadillas and Coconut Rice, White Bean Turkey Chili and Cornbread, Hot Chicken and Waffles, Pork Parfait with Mashed Potatoes and Baked Beans, Mini Cheeseburgers, Crab Cakes and Crab Bisque and Gourment Shrimp and Grits. And that's not all, because you can't forget about the sweets! We had cupcakes, homemade pumpkin spice whoopie pies, milkshakes (mine was vanilla with maple syrup), New Orleans style sno balls and homemade reese's type treats. It was super fun and the Gourmet Shrimp and Grits from Riff's Fine Street Foods won the top prize.

Here is a picture of the winning truck!




2 comments:

  1. So Fun! This reminds me of the show on the Food Network called The Great Food Truck Race. I only saw it once but it seemed neat. I hope you are bringing some of these tasty treats this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like yall had a great time! I hope we can plan a trip soon to come and visit!

    ReplyDelete