Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Valentines Day Celebration!

I wanted to share with everyone our super fun Valentine's Day. I had talked to Maggie recently about her beautiful drawings of homes, sorority houses, farms, etc. I think they are such a great gift and knew Nick would love a drawing of our first house since we are sadly selling it. I couldn't WAIT to get the drawing in the mail and had planned on giving it to Nick for his birthday. When it arrived I was too excited for Nick to see what a great job she did that I went ahead and gave it to him for Valentine's Day. Here is the framed drawing.
Nick planned a super secret Valentine's Day surprise for me and wouldn't give me any hints. I was super excited because we typically do a very low-key Valentine's Day (hence a very bad experience at Applebee's one year). Nick just told me what time to be ready and to dress up. So I did! Nick made us reservations at Park Cafe, a restaurant near our house that I had been dying to try. I had the fried oysters (my favorite) for an appetizer along with some yummy champagne drinks (one with Rosemary). The oysters were cooked prefectly with the best breading ever. My entree was the braised short rib, it was really yummy too!
When it was time for dessert, the waitress brought out a small box on a plate. My first thought was how she could fit dessert for two in a such a little box. Then I saw the writing on the box and I was sooooo surprised! Nick was so sweet and had already arranged for the waitress to bring out my other Valentine's surprise with our dessert. Here is a picture of the box:
Inside the box was a beautiful Citrine cocktail ring. I am so excited to get it back from getting sized. I sadly have no pictures of it yet but am excited to wear it. We really had a great Valentine's Day and I enjoyed celebrating and just spending time together.

2 comments:

  1. COME SEEEEEEEEEEEE USSSSSSSSSSS! I wanna see your new ring too! Miss you bff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Gosh! How precious and sweet- both of you. I love the drawing and the "dessert box" was too adorable! Can't wait to see the ring.

    ReplyDelete