Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I'm Taking OVER !!!

Kim, my wonderful wife, doesn't seem to have quite enough time to truly immerse herself into this blogging lifestyle, so I (Nick) am taking it upon myself to pick up the slack. I AM TAKING OVER!!! I mean, thats what any loving husband would do, right? (Wesley and Dave, keep jokes to a minimum please). Kim started a new job earlier this year and has been working extra hard to get ahead and put herself in the best possible position to do well. I am very proud to say the least. So with that hard work she doesn't have much time to read other blogs, much less post on her own. I am now the official blog voice of the Campbell family. I am excited to be able to show everyone who reads just how wonderful our life is, including updates of what we are doing and where we are going. I will also give some needed updates on our home, seeing as how Kim left that task unfinished in her earlier posts.

We have thoroughly enjoyed making our home. This is something we have dreamed about doing for a few years now, and are pleased that our hard work has given us the opportunity to play house! We started with some necessities, tables chairs, a BED, things of that sort. Then we started adding some fun things that make our house unique to us. It truly feels like home and I realized this at the end of this past weekend driving home. I joined my 3 brothers, and 9 other trouble makers, for my brother Alex's bachelor party in Savannah, GA this past weekend. Though we had a great time, fishing, drinking, and watching Alex run beside a car full of black guys with gold grilles while rapping Kilo Ali, it was nice to be headed back to home. I'm serious, Alex trotted for about a 1/2 mile down River st. slapping hands with these guys through the car windows and rapping every line of the Kilo Ali song. It was an impressive effort. The guys in the car were probably thinking 'who the hell is this crazy white boy'? Oh Yeah, did I mention we had been drinking, a lot?

Point of the story is, after all the fun was had I was eagerly driving home because I knew I got to come home to Kim and this place we call home. While driving I had the realization that we had in fact created a nice comfortable place to call home, and it was a proving point to me that so far we have made a satisfying life for ourselves, leaving me even more excited for what's to come in life. And, this is somewhat of a relief compared to the last couple places we have lived together. Apartment life, it gets old! Apartment life, it doesn't really say "home." In my next post I will put up some pictures of the progress we've made playing house, once I figure out how to get those pictures on here. Then I will continue post in order to let the blog world know what I am thinking, uh oh!!!

Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment